Social Know How CIC is an independent Community Interest Company which means that we do not have any shareholders and are led only by our strong social values.
It also means that our assets are locked for community benefit. Any profits we make are reinvested into activities that maximise social impact.
About Social Know How
We are passionate about helping entrepreneurial individuals, organisations and communities to develop and grow. By focusing on outcomes and impact, we create a strong evidence base for organisations to pilot, expand or replicate their work elsewhere building upon and sharing success.
We only work with organisations that share our social values. We only work on projects that deliver benefits for the community. We are members of Social Value UK and the SROI Network. We have signed the Liverpool Social Value Charter.
Our services include social impact analysis and accounting, project development and management, and social enterprise support. We use best practice methodologies and tools that we have developed through our 18 years of experience.
We also bring a network of Associates to deliver additional specialist services, helping to plug any gaps in your in-house team.
We are based in Liverpool, working across the North West, North Wales and nationally in the UK. We love working with organisations who share our passion for evidence based social change.
Examples of our work include:
- social impact evaluation of a short breaks program and new housing development for a charity in Cheshire that works with profoundly disabled children and their families
- development of a social impact strategy (inc. social impact measurement) for a community development trust and social landlord in Merseyside
- social impact evaluation of a mentoring programme for young people leaving local authority care in Liverpool
- social impact evaluation of a ‘back to work’ programme for long term unemployed people across the Liverpool City Region focusing on building professional networks in emerging labour markets
- project management of a regeneration scheme on the banks of the River Dee in North Wales
- social media and learning event management for a health & housing partnership in North Wales
- social impact analysis of an environmental behaviour change program for a North West England local authority
- review of process and social impact analysis of a community investment program for a North West England local authority
- strategic review of a older person’s charity in Cheshire aimed at reducing social isolation, with a focus on maximising the impact for and by older volunteers
- social impact reporting & systems for a charity that supports bereaved families following the loss of a child
If you’re interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you
Social Know How CIC was founded and is led by Helen Ball.
Helen established Social Know How CIC because she is passionate about evidence based social change. Her whole career has been about making a difference and helping values led organisations and projects to develop and grow.
Bringing over 20 years’ experience, Helen has created, delivered and measured the impact of a wide variety of major programmes across housing and regeneration, youth, older persons services, community and environmental enterprise, digital inclusion, health and wellbeing, training and development, and EU funded business support. She has also commissioned research and evaluation services, co-ordinating the evaluation of a 5-year £10M Big Lottery funded programme that supports people with multiple complex needs.
Helen has a BSc Social Policy, Masters in Social Enterprise, is a qualified teacher in adult education and experienced facilitator, and member of Social Value UK and SROI Practitioner.
As well as often working in North Wales, Helen and her husband take every opportunity to return to the place of her husband’s ancestors, spending regular recuperation time there with their dogs.